Damages Available in a Kansas City Personal Injury Case
People who have suffered an injury, even more so when the injury was caused by someone else, to pay for the expenses of injuries the suffered in an personal injury case. Money alone will not make it as though the accident never occured, RKB LAW can fight to get you compensation for bills stemming from your injury and seek a financial award to prevent your injury from causing future losses.
We can help you recover economic damages (loss of money or expenses incurred as a result of your accident) and non-economic damages (intangible losses) related to your injury, including:
- Medical Expenses and Bills. We fight to get a negligent party to be held liable for your past and future medical expenses related to your injury, including primary care visits, physical therapy, medications, diagnostic tests (such as x-rays or scans), and medical costs you are likely to incur in the future.
- Loss of Earnings. If your were unable to work during your injury, we will attempt to recover loss of earnings which can include regular wages you were unable to make due to your injury, but also loss of overtime and bonus payments. It may also include loss of future earnings or loss of your pension from an inability to do your former job or work full time.
- Pain and Suffering. Injury victims may recover compensatory damages for humiliation, mental anguish, bodily pain, and other injuries caused by extreme negligence.
- Property Damages. Your claim may include an amount to compensate you for any property losses, such as repairs to your vehicle and its contents after a car accident.
- Loss of Consortium. As an injury to a victim can cause a loss to his or her partner, spouses may file a loss of consortium claim in addition to an injury or wrongful death claim. These claims compensate spouses of injury victims for lost society and companionship, loss of services, loss of assistance with household chores, lost conjugal rights, and the loss of emotional support that would have continued if the injury had not occurred.
- Funeral and Burial Expenses. Spouses who have been forced to pay for the funeral and burial of a loved one killed through negligence can recover these costs in a wrongful death case.
- Punitive Damages. Punitive damages are intended as a punishment for the negligent party’s reckless behavior. These damages are only awarded if the defendant’s conduct is considered to be outrageous due to evil motive or reckless indifference.
Contact Our Kansas City Personal Injury Attorneys Today
Attorney Advertisement by RKB LAW LLC, 4444 Belleview Avenue, Suite 200, Kansas City, MO 64116. Prior Results Do Not Guarantee a Similar Outcome. Selecting a lawyer is an important decision that should not be entirely based on advertisements.